Paid features....

All things related to Acolyte Academy. Its development, general discussion, bugs you guys find, or future features that you hope to see. Come talk testing! :)
FinalAsgard
Site Admin

Paid features....

Post by FinalAsgard »

It's time to start talking about how we're going to monetize this app. Having a free app with unlimited features is always awesome, but that will result in this project getting shut down because I can't afford to pay the server costs, and as long as I have to keep working two jobs my development time is going to be extremely limited.

That means my work on this app, and the other Asgard Web Design apps, is extremely limited and slow. Nobody wants that.

If I can get enough income from these apps to be able to quit my second, part-time, job, then I will be able to spend much more time working on development work! That means this app gets to be improved a lot more, and my other apps can get some TLC as well.

However, I want to make sure that any paid model that we have with any of our apps feels like a great benefit, and not a burden or "pay wall". My rule with designing these systems has always been to only offer something that I myself wouldn't mind paying for, and I'm pretty much a cheap-skate when it comes to paying for apps.

So let's discuss! What do you guys think the paid model should look like? What features should remain free and which should be premium?
FinalAsgard
Site Admin

Re: Paid features....

Post by FinalAsgard »

Potential Premium features:
- See a history of the exams that you have taken (what questions showed up, how you answered them, etc)
- Create public exams
- Take more than X public exams (x = 3 I think is a good number)
- Create more than X private exams (x = 3 to 5)
FinalAsgard
Site Admin

Re: Paid features....

Post by FinalAsgard »

I've been discussing this with my family and beta testers, we think that we have a solution for the premium features.

We're going to base the main features off of a credit system. You get free credits for registering, and you can get more free credits by using the system and mastering exams, and having others master exams that you have created.

I know that most people don't like subscriptions so we are going to offer 2 packages of credits that you can purchase. No subscription.

We will also have a subscription for those that want an even better deal but given out over time.